11 Mar Seven Steps for Inner Peace
Tranquility. Serenity. Ease. Contentment. These are wonderfully descriptive words for inner peace, but how does one achieve this inner state of calm?
We have become a society of on-the-go multi-taskers, over-scheduled and frantic, with cell phones glued to our hand; YouTube, social media, email, and texting on overdrive. How can we ever learn to relax?
Some lucky folks are born with this inner state calm and are not easily flustered by the hectic pace of life, or the dramas that erupt around them. For the rest of us, inner peace is something that has to be learned (it’s easier than you think). It is an internal state that we are seeking here, so the first priority is desire: you have to want it bad enough to make it a priority. Finding inner peace is about being present—in the Now moment. Eckhart Tolle is a master on this subject and I highly recommend his book, The Power of Now.
The rewards of finding a state of inner peace are many; joy, happiness, self-confidence, better health and well-being, better relationships and the enjoyment of life. It’s the ultimate chill pill with no side effects.
So how do we achieve this bounty of bliss? We have to first create an internal environment that fosters inner peace. Once we do this, we have to practice by taking action in order to sustain it. And as with any new trait, it may seem difficult at first, but with practice, it becomes a habit that you no longer have to think about. It becomes automatic.
Here is my 7-step prescription for finding inner peace
- STOP STRUGGLING. Resistance to ‘what is’ creates stress and blocks any kind of practical solution to your problem. Take a step back and detach from the situation first to gain a higher perspective.
- DON’T FORGET TO BREATHE. Breath is Prana, Chi or Life Force energy that will calm you down and rejuvenate you. Learn simple belly breathing techniques or try Kundalini Yoga for fast and long-lasting results.
- CHOOSE YOUR REACTIONS. Other people can be triggers. Don’t let their bad behavior bring out your negative emotions. You have a choice in how you respond to life at every moment.
- SPEAK YOUR TRUTH and it will be your protection. Get to know your higher self vs. your worrying monkey mind (ego). Learn who you truly are and what you want. This builds strength and clear boundaries, as well as inner calm.
- DECLUTTER. Clear up any unresolved issues in your life both personally and professionally. These things will drain your energy by creating a restless mind. Clean up your home by practicing the art of Feng Shui.
- SPEND TIME ALONE to recharge, especially in nature (listen to nature sounds on your device if you can’t get outside). Meditate for five or ten minutes a day. It will rewire your brain.
- EMOTIONAL NEEDS. We all have them, but they often get pushed down and ignored. We all need love, security and healthy self-esteem to feel whole. Identify what your emotional needs are and find ways to nurture them.
Immerse yourself in the destiny of a lifetime in a stirring adventure fantasy!
Discover the magic in The Dreylyng Prophecy by Shelley Shayner